Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bangui Windmills: Ilocos Norte, Philippines

The Bangui Windmills — Crave had been longing to see these enormous electric fans since the news broke that there were plans of harnessing wind energy in the Philippines. I had never seen windmills before (not counting those in kiddie cartoons I used to watch.) That's why standing before these giant fans was such a personal milestone.



On the way to the site, everyone got excited because we could already see the windmills. Everyone prepared their cameras, the girls wore their hair up. When our bus finally arrived, everyone stormed out of the vehicle as if it were about to explode. It was that crazy.



But the wind was crazier. It was so strong it kept on ruing the Traveler's hair. I have so many pictures of myself taken at the site. Actually the wind become a part of me I've absorbed it my mood felt great, to be completely honest.

We didn't expect these windmills to be that huge. Of course we knew they were big but NOT that big. It was a little difficult to find the right angle from which we could see most of the towers.


I just wanna share this shore when you go there our tourguide said the deep of this shore is more than your height so scary! LOL

You know I just love how the Former First Lady Imelda Marcos put it to words: “What we need now is energy that is environmentally friendly. The Philippines has no reason to be poor. We’ve got it all.” I believe that our country is rich in natural resources if only we only put ourselves how we could harness or develop them. Not only are we rich in these aspect but the Filipinos are gifted with talent, creativity, skill, heart, and huge a population that will work together on these kinds of projects. Combining both these factors will push the Philippines up from a 3rd World to 1st World Country. The Philippines is a poor country no more but would certainly be once again the Tiger of Asia.

If Ilocos Norte can take a “giant” leap towards a greener environment, there’s no reason the entire country couldn’t follow. Cheers to Senator Bongbong and to all those who supported and worked on this environmental project and the upcoming solar farm in Currimao, also in Ilocos Norte.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Here are some fast facts that may help you on your trip:

1. I’m not a numbers guy. Those figures are based on my personal calculations and estimates and not from scientific studies.

2. Bangui is passed Laoag, Bacarra, and Burgos. The Windmills won’t be hard to find. IT SO BIG, unless during the night when you can’t see it. If you’re coming from Manila bound for Pagudpud, I saw a sign that read, “Kangkang Windmill Cafe” just before a bridge and it lead directly to the beach where the windmills are.

3. There are souvenirs stores, eateries, and shops along Bangui Bay.




4. Kite surfers travel from Pagudpud’s Kingfisher to Bangui Windmills using their kite and board.

5. Entrance Fee is FREE.

6. Do they allow going up the turbines? That I don’t know, some say yes, some say no, I haven’t tried. But I saw pictures shot from above.

7. Drive safe and happy travels to everyone.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


We were also expecting 15 of them but I think there were more. We counted it but now that we're back in the city, nobody remembers how many are there exactly.


Watch my vlog below... 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment